- You may submit up to 5 unpublished poems which may be thematically but not exclusively about celestial bodies & astronomy, similes & metaphors, and alignments & relationships.
- Copy-paste, copy-paste, copy-paste your poems into the body of your email then send with a short bionote w/ photo of yourself looking out a window to:
syzygypoetryjournal at gmail dot com
If they have unusual layout, attach them as image files (.jpg or .png). We are not responsible for deconstructing your creations with the default editing tools of WordPress.
- Except image files of poems with alternative layouts, all other attachments will go straight to the waste bin unread. We are not being persnickety, we just want to spare everybody, especially our Layout Artist, from formatting-related issues.
- While we are not exactly averse to experimental pieces, or those with weird/different constructs, please bear in mind that we are looking for poetic creations that are…”simple and chaste in design, properly proclaiming its value by substance alone and not by meretricious ornamentation–as all good things should do. “- O. Henry
- We can’t pay as yet, but we will manage to syzygyze our readings year-round, and try to respond within a 4-8 week response window. Most of the time, or space, however, we get around to it much later. That moon and tide thing.
- A note about author rights: You grant us first serial rights when you publish with us. After publication, rights revert to you. Your work(s) may remain on our website permanently, and we ask for non-exclusive reprint rights. We may use short excerpts of your work in promotional materials. We ask that you credit The Syzygy Poetry Journal when your work appears in later publications.
- If you will be chosen as the next Syzygyan Poet, you may be required to submit 2 more pieces.
- Finally, pray for the stars and planets to syzygyze for you and your career in poetry. The Syzygy Poetry Journal can only do so much by giving platform for your voice in the galumphing cosmos.